Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Day of 2010-2011 School Year!


The first day of school was a little different for us this year because Kade started public school at Krause Elementary. He is in Kindergarten this year. He was very excited and not a bit nervous about going; just the opposite of mommy. I was the nervous and scared one. It's always hard taking that new step with you kiddos. I walked him in the first day and took him to his room where his teacher Mrs. Sommerfeld was waiting for him. He proceeded to question me as to why I was walking him in; he didn't understand why I didn't just drop him off in the drive through because he knew where to go and if he didn't, he would just ask someone. I proceeded to tell him that it's a mommy's job to take their kid to their classroom the first day of school. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "whatever." I left him that morning with a big smile of excitement on his face and few tears in my eyes. Needless to say, his first day of Kindergarten went great.
Brady had a great first day too. It really wasn't much different for him. He is still at St. Paul's Christian Day School. He is a "Bouncing Bear" this year with Mrs. Cone. So far he loves Mrs. Cone and Miss Carina. Were off and running to a great start this year.
Kade with his teacher Mrs. Sommerfeld


Kade sitting at his desk