Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas Parade 2010!

This year Brady was in the Downtown Christmas Parade. For once, the spotlight was on him, and he didn't have to share the attention with big brother. He rode on the Bouncing Bears float from St. Paul's CDS. The theme for their float was "Away in a Manger." I was one of the parents who helped decorate the float. One of the fathers actually built a manger (he did a fantastic job) and we decorated the trailer over at our house. It turned out great, I think. Anyway, Brady was a shepard on the float. Brady is one of those kids who doesn't like to be in the spotlight, so I rode with him to ease his anxiety about riding on the float. He did great though. He and his buddy Gene yelled at the top of their lungs "Merry Christmas" to everyone. Unlike last year, we had great weather for the parade, and it turned out to be a really nice evening to spread some Christmas cheer.
Our little shepard boy


Brady sitting next to his good buddy, Gene


Brady sitting next to Catherine