Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Snowman Attack!
Over the holidays, Brady was sitting on the couch one Sunday morning swinging his new bow around that Wesley had made him for Christmas. Well, while swinging it around, he knocked a snowman figurine off of a shelf that was sitting above his head. The snowman fell off and the pointed nose hit him perfectly on the top of his head puncturing it. Dane and I were still in bed at the time, and we heard Kade freaking out. We ran in the living room and saw nothing but blood running down Brady's face. At this point I didn't know what happened. I took him in the restroom and tried to find where the blood was coming from. The whole right side of his head was saturated in blood. I finally took a towel and held it until I could feel where the blood was pulsing from. We got the bleeding stopped and figured that we would be heading to the ER for stitches, but it ended up being a teeny tiny puncture that you could barely see. How could something so little bleed so much? The on-call doctor told me that a small puncture wound will bleed twice as bad than if he had split it wide open. How crazy! Anyway, he did fine. Another experience under the old parenting belt.