So last hunting season in 2012, we noticed some deer walking across our place every morning and we started throwing out some corn in our back pasture. After setting up a camera, we saw that there was a decent buck coming to the corn, but was by no means consistently coming. Dane told me I was going to have to hunt him hard and hope that one day we would cross paths. Well, it was the night of the Christmas program at church that we crossed paths. I had gotten all dressed for the program and went to sit in our homemade stick blind so that when I finished hunting I could just get in the car and go. It was about 10 minutes before 6:00 that evening and we had to be at the program at 6:45 when he walks out. I figured this was my chance, and I shot the big 8. Needless to say, we made it to the program on time and had a deer to clean afterwards. I joke with Dane that I didn't even have to pay to go anywhere to shoot him.