This past Thursday, Kade had his first t-ball game down at Finke Field. I can't believe he is old enough for t-ball already. I have to say that the game was quite entertaining. Their team consists of ten 5 year olds, most of whom have never picked up a baseball. They all did pretty well hitting off of the tee and running the bases, but their defense needs a little work. Dane and his long time friend from high school, Cody Stelter, are coaching the team together. Their team name is the "Express." Although some time, patience and little extra coaching is needed with these little guys, I think they have the concept of the game down. Offensively they know to hit the ball and run to first base, and defensively they know to try and stop the ball and get the out at first. They will all continue to learn and improve as the season rolls on.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
First T-Ball Game!
This past Thursday, Kade had his first t-ball game down at Finke Field. I can't believe he is old enough for t-ball already. I have to say that the game was quite entertaining. Their team consists of ten 5 year olds, most of whom have never picked up a baseball. They all did pretty well hitting off of the tee and running the bases, but their defense needs a little work. Dane and his long time friend from high school, Cody Stelter, are coaching the team together. Their team name is the "Express." Although some time, patience and little extra coaching is needed with these little guys, I think they have the concept of the game down. Offensively they know to hit the ball and run to first base, and defensively they know to try and stop the ball and get the out at first. They will all continue to learn and improve as the season rolls on.